The Coal City Bank of Bridgeport, Texas
The Coal City Bank of Bridgeport opened in 1893 at 1023-1025 Halsell Street and operated there until 1904. The bank was owned by J. R. (Bob) Stevens of Gainesville, Texas. Mr. Stevens's two nephews, William Stevens and Henry Leonard, operated the bank. Mr. Henry Leonard was the bank "President" and William Stevens was the "Cashier".

A photo of the two bankers along with their wives are shown below. A photo copy of the bank letterhead is also shown.

Note: (1)The photographs were furnished by Jerry Stevens of Lewisville, Texas. Jerry Stevens is the grandson of William O. Stevens. (2) Additional information on these two men can be found under "Early Families in Bridgeport"
Return to Bridgeport Bank Home Page