First State Bank of Bridgeport, Texas
Click on Images to Enlarge

The First State Bank was founded in 1896 by R. Lee Morris and operated as a private bank until 1958, at which time it was incorporated as a State Chartered Bank.  The bank was originally located on the north side of the square in Chico .  The building is still intact and currently home to an antique store. 

The bank has been in business continuously since its inception and in 1995 opened the Bridgeport branch when branch banking was permitted in Texas .  In 1997 a branch was established in Runaway Bay and the Paradise branch opened in 2007.

First State Bank has experienced significant growth recently and the bank doubled in size during the period 2004-2007 and presently has over $150 million in assets.

The current owners bought the bank from Ransome Galloway in 1974. The acting CEO, Embry Hines is a 3rd generation banker from Bridgeport .

A new bank building is under construction and is shown below. The building is located on north 9th Street.

Present Location of The First State Bank-809 Woodrow Wilson Ray Circle, Bridgeport
Return to Bank Home Page