The First National Bank of Bridgeport, Texas
The First National Bank of Bridgeport, Texas was organized in 1906 and was chartered on 7 June 1907. The originial building was located on the north east corner of Halsell and 10th Street. The building is presently designated as a City Historical site and is shown in the photo on the left.

The bank operated in this location until 1959. The bank relocated to the north side of the 900 Block of Stevens Street and remains there today. The photo below shows the building that opened in 1959.

Click on the Images to Enlarge
The 1959 building was modified several times throughout the years and is shown as it appears in 2008 in the photo below. The name on the building was The First National Bank until purchased by the First Financial Bank.
On 1 December 2005, First Financial Bankshares, Inc. (a bank holding company out of Abilene , Texas ) acquired 100% of the stock of The First National Bank of Bridgeport for cash of $26.6 Million including $20.1 Million in Cash.   Immediately following the acquisition, First Financial Bankshares merges First Financial Bank, N.A. of Southlake with First National Bank of Bridgeport to form a $265 Million Dollar Bank.   The bank continues to operate under the First National Bank of Bridgeport's Federal Bank Charter established in 1907; however, the name was changed to First Financial Bank, N.A. of Southlake.

At the May 2006 meeting of the Bridgeport Historical Society, Mills Shellene of the First Financial Bank presented a program on the History of the First National Bank of Bridgeport. The text of his presentation can be viewed by clicking on "History of The First National Bank"

Return to Bridgeport Banks Home Page