Bridgeport State Bank of Bridgeport, Texas
Click on Image to Enlarge
The Bridgeport State Bank opened for business on 8 September 1917 at 1002 Halsell Street and operated there until 1923. On 11 July 1923, the bank converted to national charter under the title of Bridgeport National Bank. Documents relative to the bank closing may be view by clicking on DOCUMENT.

For continuation of this bank history click on "Bridgeport National Bank".

Directors of the bank included L.D. Kirkpatrick, William Simpson, Guinn Williams, Lee Barksdale and J.E. Giles.

The building is presently designated as a City Historical site and is shown in the photo on the left.

Building in 1923
Return to Bridgeport Bank Home Page
Building in 2008