BRIDGEPORT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

The Chamber of Commerce was organized in the late 1950’s. The first president was John Burt, local druggist. Something happened to the minutes and records and everything seems to be a blank, more or less, from then until Wilson Ray, banker, was president in 1964-65. Dr. D.C. Sipes, chiropractor, served two terms, from 1965 to 1967, as president. Then Rick Wilkinson, insurance, served in 1967-68. Harlan Bridwell, newspa­perman, served two terms as president from 1968 to 1970. Gordon Taylor, oil company executive, served as president in 1970-71. Howard Meyers, insurance, then served as president in 1971-72.

The Chamber has accomplished many worthwhile things for Bridgeport over the past years, including the appointing of the board that built the City Park, helping to change State Highway 24 to United States Highway 380 and working to bring industry to Bridgeport. This is a mere sampling of what the Bridgeport Chamber of Com­merce has accomplished. You can count on the Chamber to be at the head of the parade for progress in Bridgeport!

The Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce is located at 812A Halsell Street. The Chamber Office is staffed by Terri Bland-Chamber Executive Director and Ora Majka- Chamber Office Assistant.

To learn more about the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce visit their web site at: www.bridgeportchamber.org

Return to Home Page