In 1929, Oscar Raven with the help of his dad and brother Roy, built a metal building on the east side of 11th Street between Halsell and Stevens Street. This was to become the Raven Bridgeport Chicken Hatchery. The hatchery was operated by the Raven Family until 1945. The building was sold to Mr. & Mrs. Casey and was used as a beauty salon. The Casey's sold the building and it became Rita's Dress Shop. The dress shop operated until 2005 at which time the building was razed.

During the destruction of the old Raven Chicken Hatchery photos were made by Linda Saylor and can be viewed by clicking on CHICKEN

Return to Archives Home Page